Friday 24 July 2009

Final Thoughts

The LEJOG was hard work, it lived up to the "challenge" tag, but I am absolutely delighted we did it. Even when it was difficult, even when the weather was foul, it was brilliant. And such a great sense of achievement afterwards.

Would I do something similar again? Perhaps, ask me in a little while. But i'd make sure I had a support vehicle, because boy did I resent the weight in those panniers on every hill. And also, without support an small setback might have caused us to abandon the challenge whereas with a support vehicle you have more resources and more options.

Would I recommend it? Yes, absolutely! With a little preparation and training many people could do a LEJOG or similar challenge. My advice - if you want to do it then go for it!

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment